Official KITH knife photo thread

Delbert Ealy

Forum Owner-Moderator - Founder
Alright its time for all you Kith knifemakers to post your photos.
Remember, please, that the names on this thread are the ones that I will draw from.
Lets see some knives :D

Hey Dogs,
We seem to have a few knives still in progress and so I am extending the deadline a bit until midnight on the 30th. the drawing will be held on the 31st when I haul my lazy bones out of bed.

tod lowe
doug lester
amcardon
rasret01
bennie lovejoy
hellgap
medtech
koyote
patrick
rodney j
keith willis
mark behnke
dwane oliver
josh dabney
a sharpe
delbert ealy
dan pierson
carey quinn
sean cochran
p moore
mark redmon
sbuzek
clancy b
james terrio
jeff pearce
aw stovall
mike jones

ok guys heres the list that was drawn, how this works is you send your knife to the next person on the list(the name directly under yours) Mike Jones you send yours to Tod Lowe
Please contact the person you are to send your knife to and politely ask for their address, and when you get it send out your knife promptly.
Thanks,

Last edited:
?Problem

Delbert, I tried to post a picture of my knife with the instructions from this site and it won't go. Is there a problem on your end?

Doug Lester

Delbert, I tried to post a picture of my knife with the instructions from this site and it won't go. Is there a problem on your end?

Doug Lester

Doug,
Go to the gallery and under my images click my stuff.
On the top there will be a link to upload, click browse and find the image on your computer and upload it.
to add a pic so uploaded to a post click the little image button(its yellow and looks like mountians with the moon above them) and add the image location from the gallery.

Doug Lester

I am assuming that you are trying to post directly from your computer to this site.

If you click "go advanced"

and then
"Manage attachments"

You can see the various files size limits for each file type

This file size limit is the most common reason I have for a failed photo post.

If you are posting a photo that is already on the web, like Picassa or some such photo sharing site it works differently

Last edited:
Untitled - 1.jpg

Ok, this is freek'n me out. I'm used to getting a thumbnail where I'm getting all the verbage but if you click on the verbage where the thumbnail should be you will get a larger picture.

The knife is my first attempt at a Hudson Bay trade knife. It is 10" OAL with a 5.75" blade of 9260, flat primary grind with "Moran" secondary grind. It was marquenchest at 475 degrees im peanut oil and tempered at 450 degrees for three cycles. The handle is of African Blackwood with brass washers and 1/16" copper pin peaned over the washers. The clip is without a false edge.

Doug Lester

Last edited:
I'm out of town so I can't get to a camera but I'll post one when I'm back in Oregon - I'm in!

View attachment 10856

Ok, this is freek'n me out. I'm used to getting a thumbnail where I'm getting all the verbage but if you click on the verbage where the thumbnail should be you will get a larger picture.

The knife is my first attempt at a Hudson Bay trade knife. It is 10" OAL with a 5.75" blade of 9260, flat primary grind with "Moran" secondary grind. It was marquenchest at 475 degrees im peanut oil and tempered at 450 degrees for three cycles. The handle is of African Blackwood with brass washers and 1/16" copper pin peaned over the washers. The clip is without a false edge.

Doug Lester

Doug,
Send me the pic and I'll post it
Del

I am finishing up the sheath,but I will be through by Monday.
Hope that will be ok.I will be in on this.Sorry about pic they are
cell phone pic

God bless,Keith

Here it is

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• kdk5.jpg
    kdk5.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 538
  • kdk6.jpg
    kdk6.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 535
First Fighter...

On the remote chance that the recipient of this knife may not be an actual, practicing knife fighter, I've probably included enough design flaws and construction mistakes that this knife could be hung up in a real knifemaker's shop as a bad example :eek:.

O1, brass and walnut
OAL - 11 1/8"
Blade 6 1/2"

Thanks for the opportunity to participate.

Dick

Attachments

• kith 1.jpg
    kith 1.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 116
  • kith 2.jpg
    kith 2.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 154
Here is mine. As I said earlier , this has been a "remembering" experience. I remembered a lot making this one.
Steel : 3/16" 1095 with a tapered tang and a distal taper.
Guard : Nickel Silver
Handle : Ivory paper micarta ( I'll never use that crap again , what a PITA )
( reason being is that it takes the dirt from the buffing wheel , if i had a separate CLEAN buff it might work ok. I actually had to sand and buff by hand )
Pins: NS and SS Mosaic with SS tube.
Sheath: ...leather , lol , hand tooled and sewn . Dipped in a hot mixture of beezwax and mink oil. Came out a bit splotchy , but ohh well , its sealed up good for a using knife.
Pics: crappy , I need a new light tent , sorry

DSC02693.jpg

Last edited:
Posted by P moore

Well, if we are putting up pics, here is mine.

Red, White, and Blued.

1/8" 1095 7 3/4" OAL, 3 1/4" cutting edge. Blued blade, and blue liners Red / white MYcarta, with mule deer bolsters

IMG_0338.jpg

Paul

Posted by Mike Jones

Alright, so I finished up the handle of the knife too. Now I need the sheath.

Here's a few specs:
Blade length: 3.75"
Overall length: 7.75"
Blade steel: Nicholson File tempered at 450
Handle material: Stabilized Spalted Maple End Grain
Pins: Homemade loveless style: 1/4" brass outside, #6 steel inside

dsc05643e.jpg

dsc05645c.jpg

dsc05644c.jpg

Yes, this side LOOKS dirty, but I swear, it's just dark spalting colors throughout!

dsc05646.jpg

Thanks Delbert, I was going to post pics once I made the sheath, but you've got them taken care of for me! 2thumbs

Handle : Ivory paper micarta ( I'll never use that crap again , what a PITA )

Just curious, how come you didn't like working with the ivory paper micarta? It sure looks like the handle came out nicely.

Beautiful knife in any case, as are the rest folks have posted. I got the sheath I ordered today and plan to have my KITH knife all ready by early next week. This weekend is pretty booked up with eating smoky grilled animals/veggies and setting things on fire ;) It won't be as pretty as y'all's but I'm not totally ashamed of it either :D

Last edited:
Just curious, how come you didn't like working with the ivory paper micarta? It sure looks like the handle came out nicely.

I've done it once too. Every time you sand over any sort of metal it drags a smudge into the white. EVERY TIME! Getting a clean handle is a read PITA.

Just took the photo! Here is it, complete with pants.

Forged Aldo/Mace 1084.

Handle is WSSI stabilized spalted holly and redwood burl with copper.

Sheath is one of the first two I've ever made; unfortunately it looks
like it.

Attachments

• IMG_4458.jpg
    IMG_4458.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_4455.jpg
    IMG_4455.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 66
Dan, If you see something wrong with that sheath, please point it out to me. My eyes must not be that good.

paul

Back