18" Bowie

ironarmknives

Bladesmith & Forum Owner/Moderator
this 67 y/o guy i see at the gas sat. most mornings came up to me and wants this big bowie ,he says its something he's wanted all his life. He shows me pic's of what he wants and so this is it. its got a 13 1/2 blade 2 1/2" wide a little over 1/4" thick . when i hardened it it took on a great harmon. But as he asked, its only finished to 400 grt. so he can clean it up when he wants with out to much work, I saw the harmon it looks like one of them japan blades real nice lines and pattern harmon, i showed it to him but he didn't want it to show. it's made from 5160 steal . this is a real a sharp knife . the grind was just right the whole blade is the edge .cut two-by-fours and stills shaves the hair nice big blade , the guy was real happy he said he's wanted one ever sense he saw some guy in nam chop a dudes arm off with one . but now at 67 he's just going to put it in his bug out bag.... LOL anyways i gave him the knife i just couldn't take money from this old vet. i didn't spend alot of time

IMG_1087_zps3b6b8d48.jpg

IMG_1090_zps10294bd0.jpg

Back