2.5" EDC

smflorkey

I am enjoying a Spyderco Endura in my pocket most of the time, but California has some odd laws. If I understand correctly, carrying a knife with more than 2.5" blade on school grounds in CA is a very serious misdemeanor (up to 2 years in the gray-bar hotel). The 3.75" blade on my Endura obviously exceeds this limit so I bought a Spyderco Byrd Robin for school visits (daughter in high school).

A single mother in our congregation has been through a lot and now lives in an area where she would feel better with a blade in her purse. So I showed her a small selection of semi-tactical folders including the Robin. Guess which one she chose. ;) Now I need a new school knife.

There are some beautiful knives on KD, but I cannot afford a custom. One of the great things about the Robin was its low price for a solid knife with okay blade steel (8Cr13MoV isn't 154CM or ZDP-189 but it will hold an edge way better than 440 (not C)). I also have and like a Boker Plus Trance, but it's just about 3/16" too long. Can anyone recommend an inexpensive folder with a locking blade, right-side tip-down clip, and reasonable steel? My Leatherman Squirt just doesn't do the same jobs as well. :)

Thanks,
Steve

Spyderco had a Meerkat Sprint run that was tip down. You might be able to find one of those still around. It looks like all the rest of their "Little Big Knives" are tip up.

Back