3V & Stag Kiridashi

While I was making this dashi, I kept mulling over ideas for handle material. Anybody who knows me knows I like stuff that's different and realized that I had never seen a dashi with Stag on it so that settled it.
Its 1/4" 3V @ RC 62 with a ~2 5/8" cutting edge and an overall length of approx. 6.5". It has a 600X belt finish and is ground to .005" at the edge. I'll convex it to sharp after I decide on and get a sheath made.
What do you guys think? Nice or just flat ugly. Don't be afraid to tell me the truth, I can take it.

Attachments

• 3V & Stag Kiridashi #1  (2).jpg
    3V & Stag Kiridashi #1 (2).jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 3V & Stag Kiridashi #2  (2).jpg
    3V & Stag Kiridashi #2 (2).jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 42
The top pic makes it kinda look like a stag spike. Hehe It is a different dashi for sure tube instead of pins an the stag definately make it a different carver for sure. I think its kinda cool. I think I need to show the nephew this an see what he thinks of it. He is a whittler from Kentucky so it may be one he goes goofy over.

That turned out GREAT! Would make a great utility blade for around the home and shop. Very well done.

I'll add my voice to the choir and say that it looks great, Darrin. I think stag always adds a little class to any knife it's attached to. Good choice.

Back