#5 work in progress

A.W.Stovall

I have a lot of knives started, tossed a lot in the scrap bin you know the drill But I have finished very few, I like this style of knife so thats what I'm gonna work on til I finish, Thats a good thing about being a hobbyist all the knives are made for me because I havent tried to sellAnthony's Knife pics 081.jpgAnthony's Knife pics 082.jpgAnthony's Knife pics 080.jpgAnthony's Knife pics 079.jpg any yet.
Thanks Anthony

Yes Anthony I agree with you that is a good looking shape. Can't wait to see the completed knife

You have a winning design there brother. Now, let's see some progress.

A.W. that is looking good, water buffalo horn is easy to work, just grind as you would a hard wood, progressing to finer grits at least to 400, don't over heat it, and buff lightly for a deep shine. On the down side, it can be very unstable, I have used alot of it and have had a few scales that just wouldn't settle down, I never tried having it stabilized, but I am sure it would help. IMHO, Buffalo horn is one of the nicest looking handle materials you could use, can't wait to see this one complete.
Dale

Anthony's Knife pics 088.jpgAnthony's Knife pics 083.jpgAnthony's Knife pics 087.jpgwell this one ended up being #5 so I guess that one will be #6 here are some pics of an EDC fixed blade I'm almost finished with

I am really gonna have to figure out this picture thing the pic makes it look awfull It is not completly finished but not far from it. no I got to build a sheath any Ideas? This one is made of 440c The first heat treated by me knife yet. it has Buffaloe scales.

Thats two good looking knives you got there A.W. I know what you mean about the picture thing took some the other day to the eye the looked really nice. but the pictures looked bad. Were abouts is Rowlett Tx ? I'm in the houston area. also congrats on your first heat treat

Rodney

Back