84 YO sniper

Awesome video!!! Thank you very much for sharing it with us Stabber.

Last edited:
I'm a former member of the Marksmanship Unit. I was the NCOIC of the All Army Eastern Region Rifle Team at Ft. Meade, Md when I retired. I've been to two sniper schools and ran one. Yup, I've got my black hat. I retired in 1979 and the advances they've made in sniper rifles since then are unreal. I can only imagine how it was for the WW2 sniper when he shot the newer rifles of today. That man in my opinion was from a different breed and we need more like him today. We have the Military Marksmanship Association reunion coming up in October at Ft. Benning, GA, which is always a good time.

I'm a former member of the Marksmanship Unit. I was the NCOIC of the All Army Eastern Region Rifle Team at Ft. Meade, Md when I retired. I've been to two sniper schools and ran one. Yup, I've got my black hat. I retired in 1979 and the advances they've made in sniper rifles since then are unreal. I can only imagine how it was for the WW2 sniper when he shot the newer rifles of today. That man in my opinion was from a different breed and we need more like him today. We have the Military Marksmanship Association reunion coming up in October at Ft. Benning, GA, which is always a good time.

Tom,
Thanks for your service and I agree that we American's we a different breed back then.
This gentleman is the age my father would be if he was still with us.

He Flew in a B-17 Flying fortress as a Flight Mechanic with the 8th Air Force over Germany and then the 6th over Italy. Our Parents Generation saved the world from Nazi Fascist world domination.

Yes technology has changed everything except It still takes a dedicated Soldier to get the job done!
And we have men & Women ready to answer the call today.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

A wonderful story. What a charge that had to be for him to see the advances made in marksmanship since his days in the Service.

Thanks for sharing the video!

God Bless
Mike

Thanks for sharing this one. It means a great deal to me that we honor our veterans. My hat is off to all who served and are serving.

Back