A couple of humble hand forged knives by Mark Andrews

Mark Andrews

I just finished up these to blades. I made the Walnut one for a business associate (day job) who I consider a friend. He is struggling with the insidious disease of cancer. I call it my Survivor Knife. I wont accept any other outcome for this man.

The second one is W2 the activity just came .. Really nothing special but I think if I work at it and learn to polish I may do OK at it.

Thanks for looking

-Mark

4GCRQ98.jpg

FiLEVSC.jpg

GfA9DjU.jpg

gt1g7wP.jpg

qmLDiq8.jpg

RbQGUuM.jpg

SAXZyr3.jpg

SLeMYD4.jpg

Last edited:
Like the look of those, nice handle work, designs, and forge work. A knife like that would lift your friend's spirits.

very nice. That Walnut looks great. I always struggle with making Walnut look good, for some reason.

With a heavy heart I was just informed that my friend has passed .. 51 years old and four children and a wife and two dogs . I really thought he was going to pull through all this. That Cancer is evil stuff . It doesn't seem to care what your story is and who you are leaving behind.

Very sorry to hear that Mark. At least you were able to connect with him with a nice knife, and he knew you cared.

This is a knife that I was making right at the Time my friend passed . It as a lot of activity on it from the quench . He commented on the smoke like appearance. Nothing special about a hamon but it was something I remember from our last conversation. What I did on this knife was to remove the silly notch I had at the choil on the last one. It was a goof up and it really detracts from the knife. However I feel there should have been more flair toward the butt on this one. I will take care of it on the next. Hamon cant really be seen in these photo's.

pOBH0tr.jpg

YNQ88Io.jpg

IOye5wF.jpg

QJqqjbu.jpg

5AE4AE5.jpg

wH1NsGF.jpg

ZMa4ddQ.jpg

J0F1JHj.jpg

cvFXGVA.jpg

Last edited:
SorrySorry to hear about your friend Mark. I lost a very good friend two weeks ago and my mother-in-law last week, so I understand how hard it must be. By the way those are very nice knives. Great work.

Last edited:
SorrySorry to hear about your friend Mark. I lost a very good friend two weeks ago and my mother-in-law last week, so I understand how hard it must be. By the way those are very nice knives. Great work.

Sorry to hear that .. Well just keep busy and sorrow will turn to a smile when you remember them and how you were lucky to know them.

Back