A couple of hunters

Patrice Lemée

For two very good friends of mine in Maine. Still lots of things to improve (like photography as you can tell) but I am happy to see some progress. 1095, mild steel guard, can't remember the wood's name though. About 7" OAL with 3" blades.

hunters_01.JPG

hunters_02.JPG

hunters_03.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Very nice! I wish my blade finish was that nice.

What is the finish on the sheaths if you don't mind my asking...I really like the look of those...almost looks like a marbled texture.

I use the best grade of tooling leather that Tandy offers and Fiebiengs sp? leather dies. I deglaze the leather with isopropyl alcohol but I don't saturate the leather too much. That is probably what gives the marbled texture. I may eventually try to saturate the leather with water before applying to dye to get a more uniform finish. But I like how this one looks so I may keep doing it this way.

Thanks for the good words.

Great looking knives, Patrice !!! Your friends will be just thrilled when the see them and then estatic when they use them. Very nice doin's. Frank

Thanks for good words guys. Those are my 3rd try at hidden tangs and I must say I like that kind of construction a lot.
Next step will involve using better woods and getting a proper kiln for heat treat.

Back