A Good day

MT Knives

I started heat treating last night and worked till 4am got 21 knives heat treated and tempered today finished 90 scales of G10 drilled for pins and ruffed to shape, I was pretty happy with my progress maybe I will finish up these 100 knives before Jan after all.

Love it when stuff goes right for a few days in a row! :) Sounds like your on a roll. Get at it and stay at it.

Looking forward to seeing the photos of the finished knives.

Have fun and stay safe.
Randy

The night thing always worked best for me. About 2:30 A.M. was quitting time for me if I was in the shop and no regular work shift in the morning . I would get up about 12:00 noon and make some strange moves to do it all over. I wish I could still handle the longer hours and not upset my wife and work late. I get in about 4 or 5 hours and if it happens early or a little later, well I'm pleased . Frank

Dang MT! That is some serious productivity ! I have came down with a case of knife maker's block:15: I will snap out of it though.

When you get into that "not today" feeling do take some time off you probably needed it for some reason. After a bit maybe think of a very plain blade and how you might dress it up and perhaps consider one that you would make for yourself. I used to find that often got me going again. In fact I do remember when one of those times happened, I came up with a new guard built in model that I continued to sell for many years there after. Frank.

When you get into that "not today" feeling do take some time off you probably needed it for some reason. After a bit maybe think of a very plain blade and how you might dress it up and perhaps consider one that you would make for yourself. I used to find that often got me going again. In fact I do remember when one of those times happened, I came up with a new guard built in model that I continued to sell for many years there after. Frank.

Yeah Yesterday I worked on some end grain cutting boards :)

The night thing always worked best for me. About 2:30 A.M. was quitting time for me if I was in the shop and no regular work shift in the morning . I would get up about 12:00 noon and make some strange moves to do it all over. I wish I could still handle the longer hours and not upset my wife and work late. I get in about 4 or 5 hours and if it happens early or a little later, well I'm pleased . Frank

Yeah all my gears don't start working until about 8pm :D

My wife likes me in at night but I still sneak out there for awhile after supper. Its a nice quiet time and I can wrap up a few things from the day.
My trouble is getting back to work after a lunch. Usually sit down with a dog on my lap and a coffee cup and fall asleep at the computer. Break times are about the same so I try to limit them to only 4 a day.

Back