A New Bruce Bump Slipjoint (#22)

Ben B

I don't even have it in my hands yet, but I thought you all might be interested in seeing Bruce's photos of a new slipjoint.

When my name came up, we discussed a good pattern for a knife that I plan to carry and use. The swayback seemed like a good choice, a modified wharncliffe with some feather damascus to dress it up a little, and some "black and white" stag, well because we both like stag. The rest was left to Bruce's discretion.

Hopefully I can correctly post photos... Some WIP photos will follow.

Enjoy. I'll post more once in-hand. Speaking of hands, you've got to love seeing a makers' hands...

BruceBump15.jpgBruceBump13.jpgBruceBump16.jpgBruceBump17.jpgBruceBump18.jpgBruceBump14.jpgBruceBump19.jpg

Congrats! The stag, shield, damascus and pattern all work well together. I love that pattern and the wharnie is a great blade for cutting.

Another beautiful Bruce Bump original; just takes the breath away doesn't it? Thanks for sharing your incredible good fortune!

Thanks dogs.
Nice postings Ben! Thanks for doing this.
Hey your knife is in the mail as we speak. You should have it Friday.

I'll be sure to let you know when it arrives and try to get a good shot of it.
I plan to cut something almost right away to do that instant transformation from potential safe-queen to user.

Thanks again for looking.

Last edited:
#22 arrived safely today. Marvelous. Smooth and perfect.

I took a couple of shots at slightly different angles and a couple of attempts to capture the damascus.

I'm looking forward already to another one someday. It's impossible to imagine what #100 or higher might look like!

IMG_0205.jpgIMG_0202.jpgIMG_0204.jpgIMG_0199.jpg

Back