A Nice Surprise

Mike Carter

A couple of years ago I bought a mill/drill/lathe machine from Harbor Frieght. It's not a great mill but it gets the job done for slotting guards and general milling work. Likewise, the lathe is ok but not great. But it was relatively cheap on sale.

Anyway, the milling motor burned out. I took the motor to a local rebuilder and they want $350 to rebuild it. I said "no thanks".

I called the 1-800 number in the owners manual to ask about ordering a replacement motor. Now I fully expected to spend an hour on the phone trying to explain what I needed a half dozen different people before MAYBE getting to someone who had any idea what I was talking about. To my surprise the lady who answered the phone immediately looked up the correct part, quoted a price of $83 shippped and the order was a done deal in 5 minutes. Today I received the correct part via FedEx.

Kudos to Harbor Freight on this one. I wish all of my customer service experiences were as friendly and efficient as this one.

Glad you got your part easily and cheaply, Mike. However, I'd be wondering why that motor only lasted a couple of years.

David

Back