A try at a B&T

DanF

20181111_082233-800x600_crop_741x182.jpg
A Bird &Trout design that I like has alluded me. This is my latest attempt.
7" OAL, blade 3-1/8", 15n20, DIW with black g10 pins. I need to look through my liners bin and see if I have any red for it.
Now to take it down, finish hand sanding and reassemble.
Critique is welcome.
Edit to add; I'm having a love/hate relationship with DIW.

Boy, it's time to show my lack of knowledge again - what's DIW?

I do like the design of your B&T, that's almost the same as I use for a paring knife, except my blade is a tad more narrow. Handle is close in shape.

Don't feel bad Ken, I just recently learned that acronym also (desert iron wood).
Funny you mention the duality of the shape, I have another model I just call an edc/b&t and paring knife.

DIW - Desert Iron Wood. Of course. You mention spacers. When using a darker wood I tend to put a .035" white spacer next to wood, then a .035" red spacer next to tang. Makes spacers really stand out....... and wife loves the "red 'n white" color scheme because of "Roll Tide". I've also used a green and yellow spacers in the same manner.

Ken H>

B&T designs make me pull out my hair!! The whole point (to me) is a small, agile, knife that is stout and useable. Even the smallest changes in radius and handle designs throw it to one side or the other. Too big, too narrow, not enough handle traction, too much belly, not enough belly. It’s frustrating!!

Back