Acraglas Instructions

Eddie Mullins

I recently changed to Acraglas and am putting together my 2nd knife with it, unfortunately, I misplaced the instructions : ( . I remembered to mix at a 1:4 ratio and stir for 4 minutes, but could not recall the cure time(s). The gel instructions are available to download but I can not find the standard Acraglas instructions anywhere and was hoping one of you might be able to give me a quick run down?

Just make sure its 4 parts resin to 1 part hardener. Accraglass IS NOT like normal 2-part epoxy....if you mix in too much hardener, it will get to the consistency of stiff peanut butter, and never harden further.

I don't "time" my mixing, but have learned that once there are tiny bubbles appearing in the mix, its time to use it..... you'll have approx. 5-10 mins "work" time once mixed.

Just as ed says and always keep what is left in your mixing container in same location as knife as it cures so you can check to see if it cured properly.

Accraglass is my all time favorite adhesive ! Mix it carefully 1:4 ,I use a couple of syringes.I never have that hurry up and rush pressure when using it.It's crazy strong stuff and I have even made repairs in equipment that would blow your mind.It's a Alaskan homesteaders best friend in my book and the best knife adhesive IMHO !

Back