Adjusting Bader Flat Platen

Kevin Zito

KNIFE MAKER
Hello, all! I have a quick question. How does one change the angle on a bader flat platen? I feel like this may be a silly question ... meaning I must be missing something simple. I’ve googled it with no luck. Thanks in advance! Z

I have a bader 3. my flat platen has washers and shims between the mount and the angle iron trying to make it straight with belts. It's a bitch.

Kevin are you asking how to adjust it to say a 45 degree angle?
F06CC9EC-9657-479A-9895-087D6491C9ED_crop_194x296.jpeg
I copied the picture you posted earlier. You might have to take what looks like a set screw out of the bar on the front. Loosen that allen head screw on top and get frisky with it. New parts are such a tight fit at times that moving them can be a pain.

I have a Bader 3 but don't really understand your question. I'll post a pic of mine this weekend to see if you have the same set up.

Kevin are you asking how to adjust it to say a 45 degree angle?
View attachment 66878
I copied the picture you posted earlier. You might have to take what looks like a set screw out of the bar on the front. Loosen that allen head screw on top and get frisky with it. New parts are such a tight fit at times that moving them can be a pain.
Yes, Ty that’s what I’m asking about. That’s a pin in the front which forces it to stay at a 90. But again I know I’m missing something.

Is it a roll pin? If so take it out and tell me what size it is. I'll send a piece of round stock next week. You'll easily be able to pull it out when you want, and put it back in when you need it.

Sorry Kevin I misunderstood the question. My platen has never lined up with the belt without shims.
Ah, I understand. No mine lines up perfectly in that respect.
Is it a roll pin? If so take it out and tell me what size it is. I'll send a piece of round stock next week. You'll easily be able to pull it out when you want, and put it back in when you need it.
I think I figured it out, Ty. The pin keeps it at 90, but the entire platen can be “scooted” to the right and then the platen can be set to whatever angle you choose. You then tighten the Allen screw and she’s done. Easy peasy... thank y’all!

You'll have to let me know how that works out for you Kevin. I have a Bader 3 also and have adjusted the angles with the two bolts attaching it to the arm.

Back