Advice on multi blade slippies

slatercreek

I was wondering if any of you could share any info that would help with the construction of multiple blade slipjoints. I believe I have it worked out in my head but that's not saying to much. Any info would be appreciated.

I was wondering if any of you could share any info that would help with the construction of multiple blade slipjoints. I believe I have it worked out in my head but that's not saying to much. Any info would be appreciated.
I will be happy to help you but I would rather answer specific questions.
Calvin

Okay let's say two blade. Do you fit up one back spring and blade then use the same pivot and back spring holes to fit up secondary blade? I have a trapper pattern drawn up and would like to attempt this first. Any little pointers would help greatly. I just use a board with properly sized nails for fit up.

First pin and glue the both blades and both springs together and match grind them so the tangs and springs are identical to each other. Then fit them up on your board,then assemble and disassemble the knife as many times as you need to to get them flush in all positions.

Yes , I have built several single blades. Building slip joints are all that really interest me. The challenge of multiple blades should keep me busy for a little while. There should be some pictures of my knives on previous posts. Thanks for the input. Might have more questions when it comes down to it.

Back