Aiel Fighter in Dark Desert Ironwood

Erin Burke

Good morning folks.

This knife has been finished for several months, but it took me this long to build a sheath and take photos. I'm calling it an Aiel Fighter, because my wife talked me into reading some fantasy books, and now I'm a big nerd.

The milled/radiused one-piece bolster/frame was quite an adventure... and incorporated a few firsts for me. If you are interested in the construction of this knife, feel free to check out the photo thread HERE.

Some Stats:
Length: 11-1/4"
Blade: 6-15/16" (Tip to plunge), 0.175" thick at bolster
Weight: 189g (0.42lbs)
Steel: 1080
Bolster/Frame: 1-Piece milled and radiused Mild Steel
Handle: Dark Desert Ironwood scales* w/ Mild Steel (nail) pins

*Ironwood scales are quite dark; however, they are not completely black. There is a slight orange/red tint as can be seen in the upper-right inset of the second photo.

21892206765_bc363d3cdc_b.jpg

21269476234_9c8f38d020_b.jpg

Thanks for looking. As always, feedback is welcome.

Erin

Last edited:
Hey, man, that's really cool. I like the shape and lines of it and you did a good job on all the nice subtle details. Really nice work................................................nerd. ;) :D

Is beautiful blade and being a scify/fantasy geek is not a bad thing.
One could retort that any one who corrects others errors and wrong doings with knife making is also a nerd, knife nerd Mr Doyle. Lol

Very LOTR Elvish...

gorgeous knife. I followed your WIP on this knife. Very exacting work, and well done.

Thanks guys. I glad y'all like it.

Very LOTR Elvish...

gorgeous knife. I followed your WIP on this knife. Very exacting work, and well done.

Thanks man. However, maybe I'm tainted by the movies, but I wouldn't describe this knife as Elvish. :les:

I appreciate your comments.
Erin

Back