Ambidextrous Teardrop

Brent D. Cramer

Can you see the features that make this knife a good user for a left handed person?

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4740.jpg
    IMG_4740.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4745.jpg
    IMG_4745.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4722.jpg
    IMG_4722.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4736.jpg
    IMG_4736.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4755.jpg
    IMG_4755.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 146
Looks like a great knife for anyone -- love the easy openers (I usually prefer to carry knives I can just pinch open). Great mirrored details too. The natural (?) canvas micarta really looks good on this one.

BTW, I would consider your name to be upside down on the tang -- traditionally the tang stamp is oriented to read properly with the knife in hand (looking outward from the handle) -- not "on display" (looking in from the blade point). Also, on a knife for a lefty it's nice to stamp the other side of the tang (stamping both sides is good too).

Last edited:
BTW, I would consider your name to be upside down on the tang -- traditionally the tang stamp is oriented to read properly with the knife in hand (looking outward from the handle) -- not "on display" (looking in from the blade point). Also, on a knife for a lefty it's nice to stamp the other side of the tang (stamping both sides is good too).

You your right! No one has ever mentioned that to me and I just carried that over from my fixed blade days. THANKS!

Last edited:
You your right! No one has ever mentioned that to me and I just carried that over from my fixed blade days. THANKS!

I've looked at a number of your folders, and this is the first time I really noticed it -- maybe because, except for having one blade, this is such a totally traditional pattern. Looking forward to seeing a lot more of your excellent folders!

-- Dwight

Back