An experiment

J.Leclair

So today I was out in the shop enjoying my new diesel forced air heater and getting some blades ready to send out a batch for ht. On a break from hand sanding, I started going through my bucket of handle material scraps and decided to try something that has been bouncing around in my head for a couple weeks now. In laying a piece of contrasting material into a handle. I should have taken pics along the way for a wip but that will have to wait till next time.@

The blade is still rough and has not yet been ht'd so just ignore everything except the handle

I inlayed a 1/8" thick piece of black g10 into this scale I had left over from a previous project. It's not perfect but I figure I know how to do the next one better now so it was a worthwhile experiment.

I think it's a great idea and have been wanting to try something similar as well. Can't wait to see the finished result.

Wayne

This experiment was started because I want to inlay.some 1/8 mammoth ivory into the handle of a damascus knife I have in the wrks. Wanted to practice with scraps then I will move up to an actual handle then if all goes well the expensive stuff

Back