Another Warfighter accompanies a Marine to Afghanistan

Stormcrow

A fellow who is deploying with the Marine unit that I donated knives to earlier in the year wanted one for himself. I finished one of the Benghazi Warfighters out from the batch I'm getting ready for the Lone Star Knife Expo next month and got it headed his way. Now I have to build more knives for the show, since all of the ones with natural canvas Micarta are spoken for already. :)

To be clear, this one is not a donation knife but a paying gig.

Like the others, it's a 6 1/2" blade forged from 5160, with natural canvas Micarta and stainless steel flared tube rivets.

017_zps5c44c31c.jpg

The sheath is coyote brown Kydex with a TekLok.

009_zpsf7c8fd53.jpg

Trying to do up a fighter for a Marine buddy of mine and will probably make the sheath out of Kydex. Did you make the Kydex sheath for this? It seems fairly straight forward and I can probably do it with baisc tools. Anything I should know?

Coondog - It's fairly simple, and I know there are Youtube videos. Use foam glued to a hard backing and heat with to form the Kydex, and a toaster oven or a heat gun (what I use) to soften it. If you are using a TekLok or MOLLE lock, use it to lay out your holes two or three at a time with a Sharpie.

Thank you!

It's an honor to have folks whose lives depend upon their gear choose to carry gear made by you. Makes one proud and humble at the same time.

Back