Anvil on Craigslist

Finally, a reasonable price on an old anvil. That would be a good one to get. You can tell the tool steel plate on top is intact and the edges are great from what I can see in the pictures. I have never used a Vulcan but I have not heard any negative on them either. If I was not trying to get the shop re-wired I would go get that one.

Maybe they will ship it.
That might actually be worth it. A quick Google search shows an LTL shipping charge to be around $120.00
Of course the packaging will increase the weight by about 50 pounds. Which is the tipping point for most freight companies on charges. Under 250 uses one rate, over 250 uses another.

Last edited:
This whole states going bonkers...right along with the rest of the world.
I have a county health clinic right next to the place I work and last week they said with over 200 test, every one was positive.
I also have a friend whose wife is a nurse, she said she tested an unused test...and it came back positive. I don't know what to make of all this.

I just can't wait to move to my new place in the woods next year, shut and lock the gate and be done with all this. go to town once a week for groceries.
I'm very fortunate thru all this though, I never lost a day of work and actually made a bundle when they first did the lock down because I'm an essential employee.

It's a great time to come to Florida too, were tops in Covid 19 and breaking heat records everyday, plus rat world just reopened.
:D
You're tops in Covid 19 cases because all your testing labs are reporting 100% positive which is impossible. After they were called out on it they admitted the positive rate was 9%. As Granddaddy used to say that's a ten-fold lie. I might have to make a trip to see rat world though. :)

You're tops in Covid 19 cases because all your testing labs are reporting 100% positive which is impossible. After they were called out on it they admitted the positive rate was 9%. As Granddaddy used to say that's a ten-fold lie. I might have to make a trip to see rat world though. :)
Please send me a postcard !

Nice! And an awesome price too. Too bad it's over 3000mi away, and Google maps says it'd take me 257hrs with 95,700 ft of climbing in my bike, so I'll have to pass on this. :(
Hay am 9,608 miles away ! & a long paddle ( thats a round paddle of 19,216 miles)..& yet my(loony)
neighbour has a very nice anvil left out in the weather as a art piece..some people,way more $'s than any common sense.(oh and a au$40k tractor their gardener is to afraid to drive)..but hay my anvils dated "1746" & in good nick au$400 (us$600) now there at the au$1k + range, & leg vices where au$40/50 a pop a few years back my heaviest one is 65kg(145lb)
au$60(us$80)- now u can add a '0' to the price..but hay I got 6 leg vices.so way infront..

Back