Any One Ever Done A Cane Sword?

H

handletheze

Was wondering if any one ever did one of them cane swords and a place to get the hardware to assemble one? Thanks

Bill

I'm not sure what hardware is involved, but I AM curious to see where this goes...

I made a comment to my wife about 3 days ago that I wanted to make a cane sword. :)

I've never made one, but it seems pretty simple in theory. Of course you need the blade which size and dimentions would dictate the rest of your supplies. If you want it to be a truly discrete piece, you'll need hidden pins as well as material for a habaki or collar on the blade. A hidden release/lock button can be made of spring steel or Ti. Probably the hardest part of the project will be carving the handle and scabbard. You'll have to go old school and carve both from the same block of wood or similar material (check out Bubba San's posts to see his WIP for one of his swords).

Like I said, I've never built one, but have enough knowledge of antique pieces I've studied that I think I could draw the plans for one fairly easily.

hello novist ,,graveyard, here id like to check out some planes drawing ,, i could not find the post by bubba san,s the wip , any info for us would be good thanks

Last edited:
I've considered making a fixed blade knife with stacked leather to make a handle on my cane that is not soo slippery when my hand sweats. I was looking at maybe using copper plumbing fittings to join the handle to the cane shaft. Maybe these fittings can be used for your application, they are quite strong and readily available. Dan

Back