Anyone ever use concho's on a sheath?

Fatstrat

I'm making a sheath for a stag handle bowie I'm completing. And I'm considering putting a concho on the pouch. Obviously it has to be put in place before final sew up. But I'm wondering if metal rivet or screw inside the pouch may snag or otherwise effect the blade. I would think a riveted type would work best. Any suggestions?

I use them all the time and what bubba-san said - if I use a screw back, I set the screw with Loctite and once dry I then carefully grind the head as flat as possible using a Dremel drum sanding head, then skive the edges of the patch and glue in place with contact cement.

another really good option for conchos with various backs is www.buffalobrothers.net or www.ijsinc.com - you can also use slotted conchos and thong so there's no problem with possible contact of metal to metal

Thanks for the input and link. I already bought & used a Tandy concho, but I like the Buffalo brothers line better. Will certainly be using theirs in the future.

I prefer real silver for some reason . think its the color and purity of the metal .... Kind of sound like kemosabe... Make few my self but, forging and cutting them out by hand makes em expensive. Also make hand forged silver guards for about any kind of knife. Nowadays they get flat silver cut with waterjet and press on design . The forged or cast pieces on your site are cool !!!!! I have 4 Conchos by Harrison Begay . like that cowboy and Indian jewelry for sure . Working on a couple big Concho I need some more scrap silver to finish them .

need something to do as I re coup......... Bubba .................. Kind of surprised that ebay has some nice Vintage pieces http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=silver+concho

I have 4 nice Conchos by Harrison Begay . Bought them at yard sale a few years ago . I just framed them up , hanging on wall.

Last edited:
Thanks Chuck , I was looking for this post to buy some coin bezels to mount silver Quarters on Belt. Thanks Bubba

Back