Anyone from KCKA going to be at the Janesville Show this weekend?

I try to miss as few knife shows as possible. I will be setting up with a buddy in Janesville, going to Tulsa and Solvang in April (no set up just to cruise around ), in June Blade(Table 9-F) and the Big Sky Hammer Inn & show, etc.... I go to around a dozen or so different "knife events" each year.

General consensus from speaking to several people was that sales at the show were a bit slow. Seemed to me that the isles were pretty crowded part of Friday and most of Saturday. I normally would share a table with a friend but due to several cancellations I ended up getting a table. I sold 5-6 knives in the $500 range, no higher end stuff moved, and I picked up several nice pieces. There are not a lot of custom makers that set up at this show, the majority of table holders are collectors of production knives. Several people I know did do well. Mike Zscherny sold out (I got several knives from him). I do not believe this show is representative of the custom market so not one to use to judge the larger market. I set up at the February NY show, which I believe is more representative of the overall market, that show was pretty good and that is what I heard from most makers and dealers that were there.

Back