Anyone have this same problem??

C Craft

I have a Dewalt Portable Bandsaw, that I mounted to use in the vertical position with a table! I have been using it for a few years like that and it has always performed well. Till this last time I changed blades. When I changed the blade this past time I can't keep it from twisting. It seems to run out of the top guide OK but the bottom guide just below the table, it wants to run out of it, causing the blade to have a wicked twist at table level!!
It has been like this from the moment I put that blade on.
I swear it acts like the blade is just a hair to short. I have been running if like that a while. As I thought maybe the blade would stretch ever so slightly and start tracking better in the bottom guide.
If anything it may be getting worse and it is nearly impossible to make a straight cut now with it!! I can flip the release to install the blade push it back into the guides and as soon as it starts running again, the blade begins to walk out of the bottom guide and thus allowing it too twist!!

Anyone got any idea why this might be happening and how to remedy it??? I am trying to get the other pics back from Photobucket at present so this is the only pic I can come up with! There use to option to download the entire album from Photobucket but, I can't find it now!! I wonder if that is there solution to the photos you already had with them, when they began their extortion!!

000_1196.jpg

Last edited:
Porta-Bands have rubber "tires" on the drive and idler. If the blade feels too short, it's possible one of the tires swelled up (cutting oil got to it maybe?) and would also explain it throwing the vertical alignment off.

John I just replaced the tires. I will have to back and take a more in-depth look at what is going on!

Thanks for the insight. As I am sitting here thinking about this I am wondering if the bottom tire may be the culprit!!

Have you tried a different blade ?

Not yet, I have been dealing with some health issues that have kept me confined to the AC, in the house. My shop is neither heated or cooled unless you count the forge for heating and the fan for cooling! :) I can't take the heat and humidity till I get over my health problem at present!! You don't realize how precious good health is till you don't have it!!

Does kind of sound like a pretty good idea!! Try another blade that is,...………! Thanks for the thought will check into that!

You know the reason I said it acted as if too short, each blade is welded at the getting place! Even machines make a mistake once in a while!! I have never had a blade do this before. You can slack up the tension and push the blade back into the guides and after a rotation or two it is wanting to walk completely out of the bottom guides!!

Back