Anyone use Econaway Abrasives

BowtownBlade

I am wondering if anyone here has used or purchased products, mainly abrasive belts form Econaway Abrasives. I got a quote from them for 1x42" and 2x42" belts, they have a pretty low price, so I wonder about the quality of the product.

I have been buying Klingspor belts, the zirconium or blue ones. They seem to work very well, the Econaway are almost half the price. At our shop we have a sharpening service, we sharpen in the neighborhood of 600 to 700 knives per week. So I do not want to get cheap belts that will not hold up.

I don't know about them at all, but usually the cheaper belts will thump and cause a lot of headaches on metal. Maybe not so critical for sharpening. Try a few before committing a large order.

I just looked at there web site for what I use . Tru-grit is less expensive for my use .

Wolfe's right, get a couple and test em out...
Tru-Grit is a good co. used them a lot, and knows dozens who are happy with them,.. also, those Orange belts, MAN they will hog some metal quick, and they last a good while.

I got a few of the Econaway belts, they arrived yesterday. I am not very impressed. the belt I used lost a lot of its cutting ability after sharpening just 25 to 30 knives.

Is Tru-grit the brand name for the abrasives

Tracy here at USAKnifemakers supply has the best price on the Blaze belts if I am not mistaken...

;)

That's where I get all mine.

Tru-Grit is the name of the company that sales abrasives. They have all sorts of different sizes, grits, brands ect. They have some knife making supplies and good prices.

I have just recently found out about USA Knife Maker Supply ran by Tracy (a.k.a. Bossdog) and he to has great prices. I just ordered for my first time from him and he has a lot that I couldn't find else where and his prices are excellent! He blew the other guys out of the water just about everything I ordered. Thanks Tracy can't wait to get my order!

Tru-Grit is the name of the company that sales abrasives. They have all sorts of different sizes, grits, brands ect. They have some knife making supplies and good prices.

I have just recently found out about USA Knife Maker Supply ran by Tracy (a.k.a. Bossdog) and he to has great prices. I just ordered for my first time from him and he has a lot that I couldn't find else where and his prices are excellent! He blew the other guys out of the water just about everything I ordered. Thanks Tracy can't wait to get my order!

you KNOW who loves you....cool 1

Geeze, what a bonehead- completely slipped my mind that you already sold the same serious work belts Boss.

....Im gonna go stand in the corner.

Back