ArtesaniaHerreros - Greetings from Spain !

Good day you all,

My name is José Antonio Herreros. I am a knives and pocket knives artisan from Spain.

It has been more than 44 years when I started making my own knives (when I was 13 years old) and today I can proudly name myself as an "amateur" (everyday you learn something new) artisan. I have been working with the most famous and finest cutlery brands from Spain, thanks to that, I have been awarded with the most important titles inside the Spanish handmade cutlery.

Recently, I decided to make my own webpage http://www.artesaniaherreros.es/en/ since the Spanish handmade cutlery is dissapearing. Sadly, I have to start from cero since I have no photos (or the ones I have are really old) of my oldest creations, but, I try to keep the webpage updated with more products (with quality photos), videos, etc. so one day I could proudly look at it as my own catalogue.

I have attached you a few photos of my latest products, they are just a little glimpse of my daily work, but I hope you like it.

Thanks a lot to everyone who told me on facebook about this marvelous forum, and thanks everyone for letting me part of this awesome community!

Greetings from Spain - José Antonio Herreros, Knives and folding knives artisan from Spain.

Attachments

• Dando-forma-a-muelle-900x516.jpg
    Dando-forma-a-muelle-900x516.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Ref-003-Navaja-clasica-albacete-ciervo-pulido-claveteada-laton-2.jpg
    Ref-003-Navaja-clasica-albacete-ciervo-pulido-claveteada-laton-2.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Ref-005-Navaja-punta-machete-ciervo-pulido-2.jpg
    Ref-005-Navaja-punta-machete-ciervo-pulido-2.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Ref-011-Navaja-albacete-bufalo-virola-decorada-a-mano-latón-3.jpg
    Ref-011-Navaja-albacete-bufalo-virola-decorada-a-mano-latón-3.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Ref-013-Navaja-Clásica-Albacete-búfalo-virola-rebajo-latón-2.jpg
    Ref-013-Navaja-Clásica-Albacete-búfalo-virola-rebajo-latón-2.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 13
Welcome to Knife Dogs, Antonio.
The folders in your photos are very interesting. What catched my eye is some form of back lock on all of them. Can you give more detail on that?

Last edited:
Thanks Johan!

The "back log" on all of them is called "palanquilla" it's the classic locking system of the pocket knives from Albacete, Spain. The palanquilla is a part of the "spring" (in Spanish it's known as "teja spring"), once the blade is fully open you have to press the palanquilla in order to lose it up! and then save it again on the handle.

If you are curious about how it's made, on the following video I show how it's made!

Thanks for showing Antonio. My apologies, my post should have read "back lock". I have corrected it.

Last edited:
Thank you all guys for your warn welcome and kind words!! :) I will be posting from time to time! meanwhile I just keep enjoying myself with other's works (stunning stuff you have here!)

Back