Batsons Bladesmithing Symposium???

McClellan Made Blades

Afternoon Dawgs,
I wanted to touch base with anyone that has heard if The Batsons Blaxesmithing Symposium
is still on for this weekend, they had some massive FLOODING there at Tanne Hilk State Park, last
Monday, several bridges were washed away, campground 1 was destroyed. They said that thede was
$250,000 worth of damage, and they would begin repairs this Monday,which is AFTER ,the scheduled
event!
This one event is (from what I understand) brings in A LOT of the ALABAMA FORGE COUNCILS funds,
mostly for restoring historical stuff at Tannie Hill. They are a great group, and do a lot. of good for the
state, I hope they will be able to still have it! It is a huge haul for everyone in that area. If anyone has any details, or info, Id love to hear. about it, sadly this year will be my first to miss since I started going,
unless there aresome serious changes in my condition, I will be staying home, in fact, at this time even BLADE is probably a no go for.me right now. It could change, it did last year, but as time progresses,
it gets a.little bit more difficult to get around everyday, it seems sometimes, and other days, out.of.no where, I will feel pretty good, I still haven't strung enough days in a row to make a knife in over a year, that hurts the worse! Good thing, I aint no quitter! I will.continue trying, until I make.another.

I was really wanting to go but it doesn't look like I'll make it this year. As far as I know it is still on for this weekend, I talked with two people today who are going... this is the first I've heard of the flood damage, I hope the main bridge is still intact.

Hey George!
From the video, it looked like the main bridge going toward the back was still intact,
I think they were talking more about the "walking bridges", a buddy of mine does reenactments
up there, he said the walking bridges were what they used the most. If you Google Tannie Hill flooding
the, I think, first article is from the news channle 33/40, or something like that, they have video of it. check.it
out and see.if.it.looks. like they will still be able to have it. Thanks, Rex

I've contacted my friends who went, haven't heard back yet... I sold a couple knives today (yaaaah!), so I'll be there tonight.

Back