Big Thanks to Darrin

wdtorque

All,
Want to send out a big thank you to fellow knifedog Darrin Sanders. I've been messing with knives for years, many year. Finally decided to "get in the game" and make a few. No grand plans, just wanted to give it a go. Bought a 2x72 single speed, 1800rpm, and started grinding. 1084 flat stock primarily. The written word and utube can only give an old man so much info, I was a bit cautious and very green. Broke a couple of belts, had some thick edges, etc.... Called Darrin, have bought a few knives from him and he is only a couple hours north. "Can I come up and get some grinding pointers?" Of course Darrin says "sure, come on up, gimme a couple days notice." Went up one Thursday afternoon and had a great time. Lots of show and tell, conversation about blade geometry, grinding, grinding goals and suggestions of different things to try. Darrin does great work IMHO and I hoped he would be a good source of information, and "Boy Howdy." My grinding has improved significantly. Everyone that looks at my work now, (me) says it got much better after just a few hours of paying attention to a skilled craftsman willing to share his knowledge.
Thanks Darrin, Dozier

If I've posted in the wrong forum please relocate to proper. Thanks

Last edited:
You're more than welcome Dozier. I enjoyed the visit as well. Practice a while, write down any questions you may have, and come back for another session.

Dozier I bet that was a good experience, Darrin has been more than helpful on the phone answering all my newbie questions.

Back