can anyone help me out with this one

Guindesigns

I know its a wwII japan bayonet but of than that im at a lost they say it has some kind of special mark but idk if this is the correct mark. and it has no handle would it effect the value and by how much if I fixed the handle. my late grandfather had one that is now in my private collection and it looks almost the same just his has a handle. furthermore I was thinking about just what all I can do with it. so my question ive seen a lot of them out there so is it worth restoring to try and sale? or just go crazy and see what I can do with it? if I keep it im display it in my shop next to the one my grandfather brought back with him from the war.IMG_0092.jpgIMG_0089.jpgIMG_0090.jpgIMG_0091.jpg

Hmmm?
Its been awhile since worked in a Gun store but I think there was a "Last Ditch" model towards the end of the war that didn't have wooden grips? I don't think it looked like this one in the grip area? Does it look like it ever had wood on it? The condition of the blade is poor, but it worth you doing some more research and the scabbard may have value to a collector that has the Bayo and no Scabbard.

Hmmm?
Its been awhile since worked in a Gun store but I think there was a "Last Ditch" model towards the end of the war that didn't have wooden grips? I don't think it looked like this one in the grip area? Does it look like it ever had wood on it? The condition of the blade is poor, but it worth you doing some more research and the scabbard may have value to a collector that has the Bayo and no Scabbard.

Yes it looks like it had wood handles. And I was told it might be the one that was at the beginning of the war but the source wasn't very good. Anyplace u know of where I could look for more info?? Thanks Laurence

It look's like a standard Japanese bayonet for the Arisaka type 38 rifle...I believe they all had wooden handles...some had blued blades other's were just polished metal. Hope this help's....

It look's like a standard Japanese bayonet for the Arisaka type 38 rifle...I believe they all had wooden handles...some had blued blades other's were just polished metal. Hope this help's....

oh it helps.
soooo nothing speical that I could mess up by putting to the grinder??

Arisaki's are pretty common , They do have pretty good value if they are original fine shape . They actually were fairly well made .
If I were going to fix it up or restore , would not remove too much material , try and keep the same grind as possible . I polished and sharpened one not too long ago ...... It turned out pretty nice . Japanese swords and blades have the tendency to improve thier value once restored. Which is an oddity among military collectables . Bubba

Back