Cattle knife

Craig

KNIFE MAKER
Here is a cattle knife I finished a little while back.

3 3/4 closed CPM-154 blades integral 416 liners and bolsters mill relieved at the pivot with jigged bone. Half stops on blades and file work on the liners.

BoneCattle1_zps80b0af06.jpg

BoneCattle2_zps70d11019.jpg

BoneCattle6_zps04957a2b.jpg

BoneCattle5_zps6d3a4849.jpg

BoneCattle7_zpsb68da721.jpg

BoneCattle8_zps977999b9.jpg

BoneCattle3_zpsf474c96a.jpg

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
that's a real nice one..
I especially like the lines with the side showing all three blades.

Craig

KNIFE MAKER
Thanks everyone.

rmbonham most of the time it takes about a week, depending if Murphy visits my shop.

Craig

rhinoknives

Craig,
That is excellent. i really like that little sheepsfoot blade and the file work on the back of the knife.

Raymond Richard

Forum Owner & Moderator
Craig,

Very nice job on the knife! I've been raising a few cattle for the last 25 years and have never heard of a cattle knife. What makes this a cattle knife?

Brad Lilly

Moderator and Awards Boss
Great looking folder. I can't imagine trying to get the back springs all set right with three blades to deal with

Craig

KNIFE MAKER
Thanks everyone.

Raymond I have heard this pattern called equal end stock knife, equal end stockman and a cattle knife. Cattle knife is what I see the most in pattern names for this one.

Craig

Gary Miller

before we started using rubber bands to neuter bull caves. we used knives and did a little field surgery. the younger the calf, lamb or pig got there surgery the faster they healed. just thinking about it pigs and horses still have to be cut.