Chase Pattern leather splitter-need photo/info

Pelallito

Hello,
I won a Chase pattern LS a while ago on ebay and started cleaning it up. I had to put it on a backburner but would like to finish it and be able to use it. I made a new blade for it that is not heat treated yet.
I used O1.
I need photos or information about the bottom roller. My machine seems to be an older model that did not have a bottom roller. I would like to retrofit the roller.
Is this roller fixed in place or is it adjustable for height?
gringobill in Major Bummer-http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=36437&hl=+chase%20+pattern%20+leather%20+splitter#entry225399 poste a photo that shows what looks like a handle that extends out the back. There is also a small lever on the top that seems to be long enough to engage/affect the top roller. What does that lever do?

I would appreciate all advice and information that you can give me. My splitter is at a friends house right now, because he is going to paint it for me.
Thanks for the help.
Fred

Before

0e8df892.jpg

856169ba.jpg

3a2a8396.jpg

After
67be5e9d.jpg

fa53c68a.jpg

42940d60.jpg

f066f714.jpg

Old blade

81aff732.jpg

673152a1.jpg

a72eba5d.jpg

18113dfd.jpg

New blade (52100)

bfe8394f.jpg

655700438904ba4b1536189b71e211e4.jpg

Chief Niloc,
You did an incredible job on your restoration of the CP skiver.
Two of the photos you just posted give me an idea of how and where the bottom roller sits and works!
Do the two screws in the before picture( bottom shot, photo #3) adjust the blocks that hold the bottom roller, and give it its up and down adjustment?
In photo #5, the bent strap piece on the far right looks like it is supposed to hold the top roller down. Am I correct? I don't have that either on my skiver, but it won't be hard to make.
Thank you for going to the trouble of posting these photos. And thank you for the help!
Regards,
Fred

The bottom roller does not adjust, the screws just hold it in place. The bottom rollers " adjustment" would be in line with the hole bottom plate (the gold part), how tight the 4 back screws are control the "give" or "springy resistance" of the plate. The top two screws on the side adjust the plate up and down. It's the top roller that gets adjusted all the time, the bottom roller/ plate once set right don't need to be adjusted. At least that is how I have found this splitter to work, I could be wrong?

Chief Niloc,
Thank you for the photos and explanation. I thought that I had responded to your 6/2/13 message, but i don't see it. Your explanation will help me a lot! It should not be hard to retrofit a bottom roller, if I need to.
Thanks again, and hopefully this response won't dissapear. Sorry it took me this long to notice.
Fred

Back