Christmas gift for my daughter

Akritz

Finished this one just in time for Christmas. My 17 year old daughter asked for a purse knife. Blade is just under 3" polished CPM154, carbon bolsters and bolster pins, Purple Kirinite scales with mosaic pins. This was my first stainless blade and used Pete's heat treat, great service.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 52
I like it a lot, there is nothing anyone receiving this can dislike about it!

What is interesting to me, is how you attached the (matching) Para-cord for, I'm assuming, a thong. Although it is in the forward position AND ON THE BOTTOM! It is perplexing, how and the reason or reasons why you did it this way, looking forward to your answers. I'm specifically talking about all the rings and how you attached them to the knife, thanks! Rex

BTW, Nothing wrong with doing it anyway you want to, Im just curious of your reasons, maybe I missed something it thong school!!!! Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Rex,
The paracord is not attached to the knife, just the sheath. Only reason for it is because it matches. Might help her find it in her purse but not the intent.

Rex,
The paracord is not attached to the knife, just the sheath. Only reason for it is because it matches. Might help her find it in her purse but not the intent.

OH!!! OK, I see it now, of you look past the sheath being there, and only look at (what looks like) a junction between the handle and a ring, its just a trick of the eye, or on MY EYE!
Still a very sweet knife, one I'm sure will serve your Daughter for the rest of her life, with minimal care, she could pass that one down to her Daughter one day!

That is one of the most awesome things about the knives we make, done properly, each one has the potential to be a Family Heirloom, passed down from one generation to the next! I can't think of a better honor, for one of my knives!!! One I hope many Makers get to experience!
Rex

Back