Christmas Giveaway!!

Pelallito

Randy,
Thank you for your story and this generous gift and opportunity!!!!
Sent you a PM.
Congratulations to all, we were all winners on this great forum!
Thanks to GB for notifying me last night. I had NOT expected to be this lucky.
Thanks again,
Fred

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
Hey Guys. I have something come up so the shipping will be tomorrow. Sorry. sometimes stuff happens thats out of our control..

Heading to Detroit today. will be back later then the post office will be open. But rest assured these will all go out Friday!

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Jim Moenck

Hey, I won too!! I think my luck is finally starting to change. Thanks for your generosity Randy, and I wish you and your family a Very Merry Christmas.

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
Everything will go out in todays mail that I have addressed and stuff for.

Heading to the post office now!

the 2 that I need info from. Ill try and get yours out B4 Christmas.. :)

Blessings
Randy

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
OK Guys I got all but 2 packages out in time. I heard from everyone except Matt D. Calling Matt D. Please PM me with your shipping info and shirt size.

Thanks and a Merry Christmas to one and all!

Justin Presson

I ran home for lunch and early Christmas for me!!! Mine was setting in the mail box thank you soon much!!!!!!!!
You will have to fill me in on the wood I have not a clue what it is. I'm sure I will have some questions on the damascus too since I never have used any.
Merry Christmas HHH!

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
Glad it made it to ya B4 Christmas!

The block on the right is Ironwood Burl!
Block of laminated wood I secured from Mark Its a vintage laminate I thin Its blackwood or ebony. Either way. Its awesome stuff and has a cool look.

Happy to help on the damascus.

Treat it like 1095. grind it to near finished grit. and Heat Treat the same as you would for 1095. Once its tempered you will have to remove all decarb for it to etch fully and look right. Thats the biggest thing new (to damascus) guys struggle with is sanding it back EVERYWHERE past the decarb so it will etch properly.

Etch in Ferric. neutralize with glass cleaner or baking Soda and water

Nothin to it but to do it!

God Bless
Randy

Jim Moenck

Randy, I came home last night to a wonderful surprise. I got the nicest box of stuff, and I love each and every thing there. Now I need to get busy and spend a LOT of time in the shop after the Holidays.
Thank you so very, very much Randy. That made my day. I'll get a picture and post it after Christmas, 'cause I don't have a high tech phone since I'm a low-tech kind of guy.-And my in-laws will be here soon.
Merry Christmas everyone, and have a Happy New Year.

Pelallito

Randy,
I also got your box late yesterday afternoon , and loved everything in it! I am also going to have to spend time in the shop after the holidays. I have not been in the shop for several months because of family obligations and health issues.
But the family issues should settle down soon, and same for my own problems. Either way your present has inspired me to go there and get busy. I just hope that I can do justice to that beautiful Damascus, wood and everything else. I will take photo tomorrow, because I am cooking today for some family members.
I hope that everybody has a great Xmas and New Years! My Xmas was kicked up a LOT because of your gift!
Fred

Keith Willis

Thank you again Randy... I received mine on Mon, I just been busy. I had a friend call on Sat and ask if I could get him a knife together.... Sure I can do that???
Well I had one that was close to being finished, I got it too him yesterday
Just want you to know I am very grateful for your generosity... Thank you and may God bless you and your family through this season and through the years to come.

Merry Christmas, and God bless...... My friend

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
Merry Christmas to my Knife Dogs Family. Im glad to hear that everyone received there boxes. I sure hope to all find some time to get out in the shop and get creative!!

Im so BLESSED to think that this helped light a fire undoer your knife making butt Fred. I look forward to seeing what ya come up with!

So you all enjoy your Christmas, family, shop time. and whater it is that makes you happy this time of the year!! I have a few knives on the bench calling me now.

Stay sharp my friends!
Randy

Pelallito

HHH BOX.jpgThanks Randy! I finally have a chance to post a photo of the items that you generously sent to me. If you could tell me about the beautiful block of wood and the scales I would deeply appreciate it? I hope everybody had a great Christmas and will have an exceptional New Year. God Bless all!!
Fred

Last edited:

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
Block on left is some vintage laminate Blackwood or ebony. Its really old and really cool! I secured this stuff a couple years back from Mark. he secured it from another maker. trust me on this. your gona like it and its worth the time and work to cut into this block and make it into something cool!

Middle block is stabilized spalted quilted maple. Got this one in a trade many years back. and of all the piece in the trade. Its the only one I wanted to use myself. After many years of it bouncing around the wood pile.I figure its to awesome to not share..

The scales are Zlay afzilia. very cool wood. There not stabilized and dont need to be. Use a oil finish on them and they will look SICK!!!!

Have fun and God Bless!