Christmas Giveaway!!

Keith Willis

I'm in for 12-17...Thanks for doing this Randy and may God continue to bless you and your family through this Christmas season and into the years ahead.
Thanks again

God bless

smithy

Another chance---woohoo!!! I'm in for the 17th.

Randy, this is a wonderful thing you are doing. God bless you.

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
Good morning Dogs! I am gona be closing this thread and selecting the winners today!! :) There are 4 boxes of knife making stuff that will be given away. each one crammed full of a mixed bag of stuff. I am also goa pick 4 more winners to send T shirts too. I will post the winning names here in this thread. Please message me with your shipping info ASAP. I would like to do all the labels at one time and get these sent out tomorrow if possible!!

May God Bless each and every one of you Knife Dogs! Your all winners in my book!

For my story this year!

Last season right B4 Christmas. we has a really big Ice storm in this part of the world. I mean it looked like a bomb dropped in this area. Trees down everywhere. no electric to the better part of the county.

From a business standpoint. It sucked as we were in the last minute shipping mode on a production run of chef knives to be delivered to my clients B4 Christmas. Thank God we had a generator. This at least allowed me to access important shipping info for the orders and we managed to get everything out in the nick of time.

Now by day 3. and Christmas eve. all we all really wanted was the power to come back on for Christmas day. Christmas morning, day 4.. Still no power. Yet as a family we carried on. and opened gifts and shared some time together snuggled around the electric heater! lol Even with a Gen running every electric heater we had the house was only brisk 55 degrees

Later that morning the power came on at what is now our "new home". At the time we were in the first stages of remodeling and most of the walls, carpet, and even some flooring was torn out. There was no stove or fridge. But there was electricity and a working furnace.

I promptly packed up the truck and car with all the food and electric cookers I could find. Blankets and pillows, towels and soap. and anything else we could think of. and headed over to the new house. I managed to cook a 5 course meal with a crock pot. a electric fry pan and a electric roasting pan.
After many hours of cooking EVERYTHING.. It was time to eat. We all sat on the bare wood floor of what is now our dining room, eating our fine Turkey dinner off paper plates with plastic forks. I dont think a I have ever ate a better tasting Turkey in my life!

As we ate,We laughed.and shared story's. As I said, the food was not to bad considering.. And everyone fgot there fill and we even sent a plate home for my Dad who never joins us but always loves a big of pile of leftovers!!

This became what I feel will be the most memorable and to me cherished Christmas together as a family EVER!!
I realized something thats often lost in this holiday celebration full of running around and whatnot.. That often less really is more. My family and I grew closer that day. I am sure the memory will last long into the future and for me, goes down as the best Christmas EVER!

God Bless ya all this holiday season.
Randy

Last edited:

N.N

My family has long since played a game at Christmas. It's really kinda stupid because no one really buys anything extra, we just do it now to annoy the stew out of each other. On Christmas eve or day, if someone tells you "Christmas Gift" before you say to them the same, you owe that family member an extra gift. This goes across several different branches of the family tree as it was started by my great great grandfather when my dad was little. So you'll get random calls from people you barely even know and all they'll say when you pick up the phone is "Christmas Gift". The newer generations have taken this a step further and like to wake up people at 12:01 in the morning doing it. I had to outlaw texts, because that doesn't take any effort or the ability to get out of hearing it first. Anyway, that's my extra credit Christmas story in the spirit of this extra Christmas gifts thread.

In for Wednesday.

TacticallySharp

KNIFE MAKER
Randy,

Merry Christmas to you and your family! May God Bless you all with good health and love in the coming year!

Thank you for being so kind and generous.

Now a couple more of the fun Christmas shorts that I know:

One day in early September the chief of a Native American tribe was asked by his tribal elders if the winter of 2011/12 was going to be cold or mild.@ The chief asked his medicine man, but he too had lost touch with the reading signs from the natural world around the Great Lakes.

In truth, neither of them had idea about how to predict the coming winter.@ However, the chief decided to take a modern approach, and the chief rang the National Weather Service in Gaylord Michigan.

'Yes, it is going to be a cold winter,' the meteorological officer told the chief.@ Consequently, he went back to his tribe and told the men to collect plenty of firewood.

A fortnight later the chief called the Weather Service and asked for an update. 'Are you still forecasting a cold winter?' he asked.

'Yes, very cold', the weather officer told him.

As a result of this brief conversation the chief went back to the tribe and told his people to collect every bit of wood they could find.

A month later the chief called the National Weather Service once more and asked about the coming winter. 'Yes,' he was told, 'it is going to be one of the coldest winters ever.'

'How can you be so sure?' the chief asked.

The weatherman replied: 'Because the Native Americans of the Great Lakes are collecting wood like crazy.'

A guy bought his wife a beautiful diamond ring for Christmas.

After hearing about this extravagant gift, a friend of his said, "I thought she wanted one of those sporty four-wheel-drive vehicles."

"She did," he replied. "But where was I going to find a fake Jeep?"

Edit:

I'm in!

Last edited:

KenH

Randy, you are a scholar 'n a Gentleman...... as well as a GREAT artist. In for Wednesday.

Ken H>