close to selling semi-production....

Smallshop

KNIFE MAKER
20 years ago I made my first knife...then got busy with my machine shop and didn't have time to do any hobby stuff....

one day about 4 yrs ago...a customer was late paying me on multiple invoices...to the tune of 60k+...I got angrier and angrier by the lack of communication from a great customer. (They did eventually pay as they really were a good customer going through a tight spell..) Anyway as I sat in my office wondering what to do....I thought, "I know...I'll make knives! I love working with steel, I love knives, and I love designing and drawing things...". So I started buying equipment over a few years and while running military work began learning knife making.

The one area that I was not happy with my skill was sheath making....Long story short...I became friends with a very skilled local sheath maker...who has made some amazing sheaths for high end custom knives and has recently designed a very clean, simple, and attractive, production sheath for my small EDC/Cowboy knife.

This has been a long journey that I have thought about chucking multiple times....and still have much to do...but am about 4 days away from an E-commerce site up and running.002.jpg67510804_345008709762362_7606535227522940928_n.jpg

Nice!! I joined this site a little better then 2 years ago, I have witnessed your progression on this project. Good for you and best of luck lighting the world on fire with your endeavour!! Dont forget to post links to your site!!

Nice!! I joined this site a little better then 2 years ago, I have witnessed your progression on this project. Good for you and best of luck lighting the world on fire with your endeavour!! Dont forget to post links to your site!!
Will do 07...thanks for all the encouragement along the way! A lot of help from this forum...the only non-FB forum I hang out on...Lol!

It looks like a good product you came up with there Ted, I hope you do well with them.
just don't burn yourself out on them, this knife making gig is supposed to be kind of fun while making them ha ha...:D

that is a good looking sheath and the stamping is one of those "finishing" touches that shows the profesionalism your knives have bought to the table.

Back