Composite guard?

Silversage

Gold Membership
Hi all I am looking at trying to make a guard out of a flat center piece with file work on it sandwitched between a different color of metal. Probably nickel silver with brass on the outside. What is the best way to adhere the layers together? Silver solder or epoxy like JB weld. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Jay W

Hi all I am looking at trying to make a guard out of a flat center piece with file work on it sandwitched between a different color of metal. Probably nickel silver with brass on the outside. What is the best way to adhere the layers together? Silver solder or epoxy like JB weld. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Jay W

Depends you want to fill the file work with epoxy? Gorilla Super Glue will hold it together with just a few drops. Butt it up to the blade and hold it tight with the handle. That is the way I would do it. It wont ever go anyplace. I am actually going to add the same thing to a Sashimi knife. But I am using epoxy because of the food service use. Soldering will be a nightmare with no real advantage.

Back