Convection toaster review

springer82

I mentioned in another thread that I trashed my toaster oven. I picked it up at Goodwill for 20 bucks. Drilled a 1/8" hole in it and monitored the temp. Oh my.... In the trash it went. I'm back to the kitchen oven.

How many use a convection toaster oven for tempering. I would think you would have a more even heat with the convection option. What kind do you use and what do you think about it. Would you change to another model. Thanks for your help.

I have a B&D toaster oven and it works very well. It came with a steel tray so I stuck a welding magnet to it and that is what holds my blades by the tang kind of suspended in the middle of the airspace. I bought a thermometer and it holds true. I also use it to heat cure Gun Kote. Best part is that is has a two hour timer so once its to temp its kind of set and forget.

I presently have a large digital oster turbo convection oven. I used to have a regular toaster oven and was never very happy with it.The turbo convection is the bomb in my opinion. Very stable temps and no hotspots.

I use a B&D toaster oven. It gets the job done but I'm on the look out for something better or a bit newer

I have an old convection oven...the round glass countertop style...NEVER thought about using it for tempering! I do use a full size oven because those toaster ovens don't heat even enough. Thank you for the tip!

Toaster ovens do suck, i filled the tray on the bottom with sand and put a thick plate to shield the top element from the blades... it is better now, i monitor the temps with a multimeter thermocouple clipped to the blades

I use my toaster oven for softening Kydex. Tempering is done in my convection oven or kiln. Both hold accurate temperatures.

Back