Couple Of New Knives

Randy Lucius

Completed my first knife in January. These are number 13 and 14.
Small skinner
Osage Orange scales
Canvas Mircarta Pins
Black and white liners
OO0003.jpg OO0002.jpg OO0001.jpg

Hunter
Redwood Burl with Copper pins and liners.
RB002.jpg RB001.jpg RB003.jpg
Starting to get enough confidence to work with some of my better handle material.
Bought some really nice stuff at the BladeShow. Eager to get back in the shop.:1:

Both real good looking knives. Expect the one with the Osage Orange scales to get a nice Russet brown color to it with time, unless it was the South American stuff.

Doug

Solid knives for No. 13 and No. 14. I like the hidden pocket for the thong tube on No. 14.

I did not see a maker's mark. Are you using one?

Keep up the good work.

DeMo

Very nice. They look to be comfortable and user friendly. You should put a makers mark on them for sure.

Thanks for the comments guys. A Personalizer Plus is on the list. Thinking of making my own stencils with the Etch-O-Matic stencil kit.
I have a simple makers mark designed. Just name and location for now. Thanks again!

That hidden pocket is sweet! I'd love to see a WIP of that little trick, very cool.
I made a knife with a handle nearly identical to #13, Osage orange with black and white liners. Only I used stainless pins. I really think the liners set off the lighter wood.
Good work

Really liking the second one. And as mentioned, the hidden lanyard "hole" is a great touch.

Like them both but expecially like how you managed lanyard on this one.
42137-c33a6950889881badfc3fa1b587e0994.jpg

Most of the time I think a lanyard takes away from the looks of a knife but this one is a positive!! Two thumbs up.

Hi, I like the look of the copper pins with the burl. I never thought of using that combination. I may have to try that with dark walnut.
Later

Back