Custom Hog Hunter

Just finished up and delivered this Hog Hunter knife.

8" blade, long enough to pierce vitals, and a full length semi sharpened back edge to assist with piercing the thick hide. (Customer is providing the brass balls needed to take on a wild hog that up close and personal).

Blade is handforged 80Crv2, with an electro-etched boars head on the polished bevel.

Handle is stabilized maple, with a blued steel guard, and red fiber spacers.

I stippled a portion of the handle for extra grip, and added a lanyard tube/lanyard for knife retention.

50149175876_1b51188c7e_c.jpg

50149176041_835ea95825_c.jpg

50148631443_5d9b469ab5_c.jpg

50149411782_72751c633f_c.jpg

50149174726_c2916f20be_c.jpg

Beautiful knife. Reminds me of a frontier knife I just saw in a movie. Looks perfect for the intended use.

Nice pig sticker ! I know folks that do that kind of hunting here in Fl. and while it's exciting it's a young man's game and you got to act fast and careful because it happens fast. they use catch dogs here so you have to be careful with that blade.

Great knife, I like it. Hunting hawgs is how I learned to climb trees quickly.

I would imagine so!

I have a friend who, when I told him about this knife, told me he did this style of hunting once, and ended up with the hog dying on top of him after emptying his glocks mag into it.

I prefer long distance lead poisoning for wild angry hog. Lol.

On this one, the strap is integrated in the back slab of leather. When I cut the back piece, I laid out a long strip for the belt loop, and a strip beside it for the retaining loop.

Ok thats what I was doing too but was wondering if there was another way to do it? Other than skive and sew a piece on. I think the sheath would start getting to thick doing it like that?

Ok thats what I was doing too but was wondering if there was another way to do it? Other than skive and sew a piece on. I think the sheath would start getting to thick doing it like that?

Hopefully this will explain it better. I remembered I had a scrapped piece left from this sheath, that showed it perfectly.

The back slab of the sheath, I normally have the long piece for the belt loop coming straight out, as part of the same piece of leather. For this one, I shifted it slightly to the side, and then cut a second thinner strip for the retention strap.

Lmk if these photos don't explain it better than my words can. I would get photos of the actual sheath, but it's gone now.

Attachments

• 20200725_142217.jpg
    20200725_142217.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
  • 20200725_142143.jpg
    20200725_142143.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
I’ve used that method before but I looped the retention strap to the front side-the bottom is shaped like an upside down T which becomes part of the welt.

Back