Custom Leather Stamp?

bodam

Since I started leatherworking, I thought it would be cool to stamp my makers mark on my sheaths. Has anyone gone this route? If so, who did you use for your stamp?

A makers mark is very important if you want to become a professional for sure. :) Inexpensive advertising, and allowing prospective customers to know who made their sheath if they bought it second hand. Its happened to me on quite a few occasions.

The place that made mine does not work with the Leather Factory any more so I'm no help. But I'd love to hear some alternatives as well, I want a small stamp for small work and dont want to spend a lot for it.

I just got a quote from them. $81 with artwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just had one made, it's the Delrin type. Looks awesome, cost $30. Guy's name is Nick Silva and I found him on ebay, but he can Paypal you an invoice directly without going through an auction. Don't know the guy personally or anything, but he made the stamp and shipped it the same day I ordered it, fast!

Here's a link to ebay auction: http://r.ebay.com/Y8n4z3 and his email: nicksilva@yahoo.com

Here's my stamp he made:
Self Made leather stamp.jpg

And, here's his options from his ebay auction:
$_57.jpg

contacted Nick yesterday, stamp is done today. $32 shipped, and the logo looks amazing. Great service so far. Thanks for the referral!

Anthony, you should get a comission or a free stamp, because there are going alot of us who dont have one getting one. Leather and kydex are what you have used it on riggt?

I bought it for leather, but have only used in on kydex so far. I've got two full shoulders in 2 different weights of leather, a lot of leather working tools, dyes, sealers, etc, but still haven't broken the ice on leather working yet. I've probably watched 40hrs of leather working videos on youtube, but just can't seem to get started.

Quit dragging your feet Marine. Lol it really isnt that bad, your quite possibly going to make a few ugly sheaths at first but will get the hang of it. My aunt was a saddle maker before her hands got too arthritic and she said the ease of drilling the holes for the stitches is worth the trade of twice as much sinew or thread.
If you have done the recon and research then suck it up and stitch away.

Back