Customer Order - Buffalo Hunter remake

LobosStyle Blades

Here's a piece that I've recently finished. The customer requested that I make a similar knife to a Buffalo Hunter that his brother had gotten from their father. He had a photo and sent it to me with dimensions of what he wanted. I recreated it with a 1095hc steel and brass furnishings with red,white and blue for the accents and wanted antler for the main handle. The last requested was to put my own little twist on it.

On this one I did solder the guard onto blade/tang. This is a through tang with the pommel threaded to accept the tang and tighten the whole handle together. This was one of those projects that had issues left and right to where I lost interest in making it for a while. Gladly the customer wasn't in a hurry to get it, but when he did he was very pleased. I'll get photos when he does get out for his deer or elk.

I hope you all like it.
Irlvs9M.jpg

SGwv8bV.jpg

KZYS9vh.jpg

ekEPK9M.jpg

hEmACys.jpg

I'm still not much of a photographer and take pics with my cell phone, but they work for now.

Last edited:
I really like the design. It reminds me of a much nicer version of the first knife my grand dad gave me many years ago when I was about 6 y.o. (a long time ago 40 years). I still have it stored away. Thanks for posting the pictures and bringing back some great memories.

I really like the design. It reminds me of a much nicer version of the first knife my grand dad gave me many years ago when I was about 6 y.o. (a long time ago 40 years). I still have it stored away. Thanks for posting the pictures and bringing back some great memories.

I'm hoping this one will be passed down too and create more memories for this family for years to come.

Back