Damascus Folder- take two...

J. Doyle

Dealer - Purveyor
This is the latest folder I finished. I already posted it previously but thought I'd post it again with a fresh perspective from an outstanding professional photo from Coop. He also managed to get an incredible shot of where I place my maker's mark on all my folders.

Doyle_200413-wweb.jpg
Doyle_200413B-wweb.jpg

Aside from looks and aesthetics, which are always top shelf with your work, what really grabs me is the blade shape. That is a super nice design.

I love the dark color scheme of the knife. I have a similar schemed knife on my bench with a Damascus blade, zirconium bolsters, and carbon fiber scales. I think the dark color has a nice, sophisticated look about it.

I really like your maker's mark. Is it engraved in, or maybe stamped?

Aside from looks and aesthetics, which are always top shelf with your work, what really grabs me is the blade shape. That is a super nice design.

Thanks John! I agree with you. A folder doesn't necessarily need a bunch of curves or contours in blade OR handle.

I liked this one so well I almost sold the folder I recently made for me in order to keep this one.

I love the dark color scheme of the knife. I have a similar schemed knife on my bench with a Damascus blade, zirconium bolsters, and carbon fiber scales. I think the dark color has a nice, sophisticated look about it.

I really like your maker's mark. Is it engraved in, or maybe stamped?

Sorry for the delayed response. I just saw this. I stamp my mark on the liner.

Thanks for the comments.

Thanks John! I agree with you. A folder doesn't necessarily need a bunch of curves or contours in blade OR handle.

I liked this one so well I almost sold the folder I recently made for me in order to keep this one.

I constantly fight the urge to treat folders like they are miniature fixed blades, and they certainly aren’t. When I look at all of the folders I’ve ever had, it becomes obvious that the angular and contoured ones which look so cool on the table are the ones I never enjoyed carrying. It is the elegant, streamlined and purposeful ones that I go for every time.

Back