Damascus & ironwood flipper

J. Doyle

Dealer - Purveyor
I don't make a lot of flippers as the generally aren't my favorite and EVERYBODY makes flippers. But this one turned out pretty cool, I think.

My own 1084/15n20 3 1/4" Damascus blade, desert ironwood scales, jeweled titanium lock/liners, black file worked g-10 backspacer, Damascus pocket clip made in house. Just a hair over 4" closed.

looks amazing brother! So much attention to detail, love it!!!

Hey have you ever seen how mastersmith Kyle Royer finishes out his damascus? He started using wax overtop which makes it look incredible imho... I love watching his stuff. Minute mark 18.24 here not that yours doesn't look great as well!! It does I was just curious if you had seen or maybe even already do this!

Hey have you ever seen how mastersmith Kyle Royer finishes out his damascus? He started using wax overtop which makes it look incredible imho... I love watching his stuff. Minute mark 18.24 here not that yours doesn't look great as well!! It does I was just curious if you had seen or maybe even already do this!
Thanks man. I appreciate it.

Yeah I saw that video about 3 months ago. Wish I had remembered to try it. I will on the next one.

@REK Knives

I tried polishing and waxing this little scrap piece of a billet I made. It works pretty well. In fact this piece is so mirror polished that it's REALLY hard to photograph. It's way shinier than this picture even.

And even more remarkable is this scrap piece isn't even heat treated.

@REK Knives

I tried polishing and waxing this little scrap piece of a billet I made. It works pretty well. In fact this piece is so mirror polished that it's REALLY hard to photograph. It's way shinier than this picture even.

And even more remarkable is this scrap piece isn't even heat treated.

Wow that looks amazing!! So you think you will try that on the next Damascus blade?

Back