Desert Ironwood Hunter

The IW is among the best of the handle woods and that is a Iovey piece but my first reaction when I looked at the whole knife was to see the rather blunt top (curve wise) which might hamper the opening up process from my experience but obviousIy ymmv

The IW is among the best of the handle woods and that is a Iovey piece but my first reaction when I looked at the whole knife was to see the rather blunt top (curve wise) which might hamper the opening up process from my experience but obviousIy ymmv
I think you mean at the point. Could be right. I made it as a drop point hunter, rather than a straight back. The knife is at a little bit of an upward angle in the photo which makes it look a little more blunt than it really is.

Last edited:
I think you mean at the point. Could be right. I made it as a drop point hunter, rather than a straight back. The knife is at a little bit of an upward angle in the photo which makes it look a little more blunt than it really is.
Yes a typo Casey. I had meant how the bIade edge meets the spine athough I do see that there is an angIe to the pic. The drop point is a very good aid in the skinning process or at east in the opening up part of it.
This was the part I was asking about
knife.png

Back