EDC fixed blade w/ killer buckeye burl

Looks really good - and that Buckeye Burl is amazing. Now, the blade - that's twist. Did you use thick 15N20 and thin 1084 to get the narrow black strips and wider brighter stripes?

Looks really good - and that Buckeye Burl is amazing. Now, the blade - that's twist. Did you use thick 15N20 and thin 1084 to get the narrow black strips and wider brighter stripes?
Or did he insert extra pieces of 1084 in between layers of damascus? Enquiring minds wantot know. ;)

Or did he insert extra pieces of 1084 in between layers of damascus? Enquiring minds wantot know. ;)
This was a particularly difficult knife to photograph well, and the pictures show that.

It actually is thicker 1084 and many layers of thinner 1084/15n20. Here's a better pic of the blade.

This was a particularly difficult knife to photograph well, and the pictures show that.

It actually is thicker 1084 and many layers of thinner 1084/15n20. Here's a better pic of the blade.

OK, thanks for that photo - the closeup of the blade shows what you're talking about with many thin layers of 1084/15N20 and a few layers of thicker 1084. That does create an interesting pattern. I don't think I've seen that technique before. I find all the different Damascus patterns interesting.

That pattern along with that really NICE Buckeye Burl really eye catching. Good work.

Back