EDCarrey Sheath

paladin5811

Big Dog...
A buddy of mine wanted a sheath for his Carey flipper...i found it a bit challenging but this is what i came up with.

IMG_4376.jpg

IMG_4377.jpg

IMG_4380.jpg

IMG_4383.jpg

IMG_4384.jpg

Looks like a good effort.

Were his needs in the concealment area? ie Something that didn't talk "sheath" to a sheeple?

Looks like a good effort.

Were his needs in the concealment area? ie Something that didn't talk "sheath" to a sheeple?

Thanks man !!

I wanted to make something different ....also he wanted to carry the knife tip up and the pivot end is much larger than the butt, that combined with the flipper sticking out made me think of this....there is a slot that the flipper slides down and the knife is very secure but draws and inserts easily enough.

I try to think of new stuff to try.....i'm toying with the idea of making a sheath using delron for spacer's.

That does create some difficulties when the larger end of the knife is to go in first. By best design you want the sheath to be cone shaped, smaller end at the bottom, but sometimes its just not possible, or isn't part of your customers wants and/or needs.

Just simply trying something out is the best way to learn if a theory works or not, all you lose is a bit of time and a little bit of leather if it has to be done over. :) I've got quite a few "not quite there" sheaths on knives in my collection.

Keep it up! :D

Back