Eduardo Berardo Custom Damascus Integral Sword

jklein7401

Hello all, please tell me what you think about this sword Eduardo just completed for me. Eduardo is a very talented up and coming custom knife and sword maker. Below is the makers quote:

"A long full integral sword in damacus steel with double edge blade and handle in presentation mammoth ivory. This piece is especially difficult for some points. This is a fairly large piece that requires a big amount of work (The total length is just over 30 inches). A double-edged blade makes it difficult to adjust the symmetry. An integral piece is also always more complicated to build. And perhaps the most difficult point is the absence of any right angle. When we have a design right angles I can use it as reference to build the whole symmetry of the piece. Since this is all curved sword completion of symmetry is more difficult. The guard and the ball are carved by hand file worked. The mammoth ivory scales were fixed with 12 pins embedded. For me it was a big challenge but I was totally satisfied with the outcome. I want called this sword Rose of Sarom."

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

I appreciate your opinions.

Thank you, Jon

Hello, Im new to the pack, But I will give you my thoughts on this..

WOW!!, HOLY CRAP!!!, And OMG!!!

Thai it a awesome looking piece of steel . I have never even considered making a sword, But after seeing this work of art, I may reconsider. Its B.... E..... A....Utiful!!

really nice, especially that it is an integral. You have a real collectors piece there.

That is a very nice looking piece. I especially admire the clean integral work at the guard and handle. Eduardo is obviously very talented. I look forward to seeing more of his work in the future.

Last edited:
GREAT

That is one fine piece of steel and the ivory is wild.
Thanks for sharing.

WOW - fantastic edition to the collection.
That ivory and steel compliment each other well - I'm speechless.

You've been adding to the stable at amazing rate,
I'm glad someone is making money in this South Florida economy.

:D

As everyone should be aware that Eduardo is hot as a fire cracker. If you have not taken notice I suggest you keep any eye on him. His talent is just exceptional and I must say his personality matches that. This sword is one of the examples. The execution of this project shows so much finesse and dedication to excellence that a very good friend Mike Talanian took a great deal of interest. So much so that the WIP on this sword made it clear that he just had to have it. As much as I also had the pleasure of participating from afar in the whole process and too wanted this to reside in my collection I made a couple of choices. First, how could I not have such a fine piece reside in the World Class collection Mike has amassed. Second, I would never deny the pleasure of owning this museum quality piece to such a good friend. In my opinion this benefits both the collecting and knife making communities and specifically Eduardo whose work I am highly supportive of. I am still reeling with how fast this piece came and went but there were just too many benefits for Eduardo and Mike. I think this is another great example of the camaraderie of the custom knife community, everyone wins here.

Keep up the GREAT work Eduardo and Mike enjoy.

Jon

Last edited:
Back