Etching discussion

OK, here's one picture I could find so far, this knife really came out black. like I said, for some reason some blades come out more pronounced like this one.

xfkEgYb.jpg

y2AnCB1.jpg

Ha ha, yea I know, I like doing it to all my Damascus blades now. I don't see any negatives to it.
It may not be everybody's cup of coffee, but I haven't had anyone say they don't like it yet.

Unfortunately I didn't have any pictures of it just etched with ferric chloride before the coffee dunk, I'll have to try and remember on the next one.
word of caution, your can keep the jug of coffee in a fridge for a couple weeks....the first batch I capped and slid it under my bench, and forgot about it for about a month....when I retrieved it and opened it I discovered a new life form....
and it wasn't pretty. o_O

My Dad ,a long time ago, left a partially full pewter flask in his truck console for a few days in the Georgia heat. It blew up like a balloon. I cannot believe it did not rupture a seam.

Ha ha, yea I know, I like doing it to all my Damascus blades now. I don't see any negatives to it.
It may not be everybody's cup of coffee, but I haven't had anyone say they don't like it yet.

Unfortunately I didn't have any pictures of it just etched with ferric chloride before the coffee dunk, I'll have to try and remember on the next one.
word of caution, your can keep the jug of coffee in a fridge for a couple weeks....the first batch I capped and slid it under my bench, and forgot about it for about a month....when I retrieved it and opened it I discovered a new life form....
and it wasn't pretty. o_O

Yep, I had some sitting on my bench and one day passing I see something inside that don't look like coffee, and it wasn't! Looked like a petri dish. So I came to the same conclusion, it needs to be frigerated when not in use!

Back