Finished this one this morning

while I was working on Randy's KITH, I was also doing this one. (My seventh knife, fourth from a billet) View attachment 71160View attachment 71161View attachment 71162View attachment 71163View attachment 71164 Alabama Damascus, oal 9", blade length 4 1/2". Scales are redwood burl finished with 10 coats of Tru-oil. Mosaic pins made by me. As always, comments and critiques are welcome.
Very nice! How do you make your pins? I've thought of doing that several times.

Sean, I cut the tubing to about an eighth inch too long, decide what kind of design I want, cut those pieces to the approximate length as the tube, fill the tube with epoxy, push the other elements into place and let it dry for 24 hours. Then, I clean the exterior with (what else --- files!!!) Insert the pin into the scale and file and sand the pins to size. It's kinda messy, but I really like the mosiac look. (Although, I'm really liking the domed pins also)

Sean, I cut the tubing to about an eighth inch too long, decide what kind of design I want, cut those pieces to the approximate length as the tube, fill the tube with epoxy, push the other elements into place and let it dry for 24 hours. Then, I clean the exterior with (what else --- files!!!) Insert the pin into the scale and file and sand the pins to size. It's kinda messy, but I really like the mosiac look. (Although, I'm really liking the domed pins also)
Cool. That's a simpler process than I expected. I'll have to give it a try

Back