Finished three more.

slatroni

I have been busy on this trio of knifes. Still have to make two more sheaths. Its cold out there.
3 done.jpgmaroon hunter and sheath.jpgkoa hunter.jpgmaroon micarta.jpgwalnut hunter.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Steve

nice looking knives Steve.it always feels good to get something productive done for the day. You crack me up though about cold weather there in Califoria... what, you have to deal with the low 70's? HA

Erik

Thanks for the comments fellas.

You crack me up though about cold weather there in Califoria..

LOL! well its cold for T-shirt, shorts and flip flops!

How are the scales attached on them?

I am trying some marine grade epoxy. I am not to sure about it yet, it dries white.

Look real nice and clean. Mosiac pin right? Whats the wood and how did you get the shine on it? The 300 plus system you told.me about?

I am trying some marine grade epoxy. I am not to sure about it yet, it dries white.

I tried some of the marine grade epoxy on one with black micarta scales and I wasn't too crazy about the way it looked. It left a tiny thin white line, sort of like a micro liner around the whole scale. On the other hand, my brother has made a few knives too and he said he liked it. Durability seems fine, but I used Corbys on it too, so who knows....

Mosiac pin right? Whats the wood and how did you get the shine on it?
Walt, Yep, I like the little extra the mosaic pen adds to the knife. That shine on the wood is from the 300 method. I sand down to 220 and rub in some True Oil. Then use some 400 to get the micro scratches out. I then rub on the second coat. When that's dry I lightly rub with 000000 steel wool and add another coat. Repeat till you happy.
It left a tiny thin white line, sort of like a micro liner around the whole scale.

Self, That thin white line is why I didn't like the stuff. Although it looks kinda good with black liners. I did try to mix some black leather die, it turned blue, LOL. The blue was the color of Bondo!

Back